“Algarve is sun and sea, delicious fish, beautiful beaches and… good wine.”
Algarve is known by its marvellous seaside. Those sunny beaches and that splendid fresh fish! Surprisingly, we will soon be able to add something else to the description: good wine!
Although it is not an extensive region of wine, the Algarve has seen in the last few years some very promising projects.
We distribute some of our favorites, produced by Quinta da Penina. Their soil is sandy, sometimes involved with clay and some shale. Then there is the warm wind from the Mediterranean and the influence of the Atlantic. The mountains of Monchique protect the area from the northern cold winds and the constant sunlight sums it up.
It is our pleasure to describe this selection:
- DOP Lagoa Tinto 2017 is a very balanced red wine, with bright ruby color and aroma of red fruits. On the palate is an up front wine, easy to drink, but with an elegant finish. A wine for day life consumption. .
- Reserva QdP 2015 is an intense red wine with a mix of well ripped raspberries and blackberries aroma. It is fully bodied in the mouth and silky with very elegant tannins that give a long and persistent finish. .
- DOP Lagoa Branco is a white wine with fruity aroma of pear and pineapple. It is harmonious on the palate, well balanced and fresh, with a good volume and a smooth but persistent finish. Perfect for a feast of grilled fish and seafood. .
- Premium Foral de Portimão is an intense red wine with violet nuances, scents of ripped fruit, coffee and spices. It´s fresh on the palate, full bodied and silky. Creamy tannins in the finish, giving it a great long tasting aroma. .
- Selection Foral de Portimão is an intense dark red wine with scents of vanilla and red fruits. It is silky on the palate, shaped by sweet tannins that give it a pleasant persistence. .
- Rosé Foral de Portimão has a fresh aroma of red fruits like raspberry and strawberry. It is a very light rosé wine, but well balanced and with an elegant finish.